Professional Editing Services
Hire a professional editor to spruce up your Kindle or other e-book!
Unlike the ‘bots, real humans on Amazon and other e-book marketing sites expect good writing when they download your e-book. Incorrect grammar and punctuation or awkward phrasing can attract bad reviews that will wreck your sales and your brand.
I do my editing by hand – I don’t just run your book through spell check/grammar check and call it good. I’m a grammar policewoman, but I also know which rules can be bent, depending on your audience. If it doesn’t need fixing, I leave it alone.
My prices are based on the total number of words in your manuscript plus my evaluation of the overall level of editing your book needs.
If you have concerns about the concept and content of your work (including plot, characters, clarity, and completeness), I can give you a special quote. One of my clients ordered this service from me last year and ended up winning second place in a statewide short story contest.
If you’d like to work with me:
1. Send an e-mail to this email address with your manuscript as an attached document (docx .doc .rtf . or odt). All work will be kept strictly confidential.
- include the word count in your e-mail
- tell me what you think your book needs
- if you have any questions or special issues, let me know about them
2. Within 24 hours I’ll get back to you with a price quote via e-mail